Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul campaign announces more than 1000 Precinct Captains on Rand's birthday!

Paul campaign announces more than 1000 Precinct Captains on Rand's birthday!

Story is too big not to have it's own thread. http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...arty/78446032/

The media stories are seeming to shift for Rand as we get closer to caucus night.. This announcement is huge! Another notch in the argument that Rand has the state's best ground game. Anyone want to help out in Iowa???? Please help us make calls in Iowa! We made well over 10k today. Sign up here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1osJ...requested=true

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

1000 precinct captains... That's 1000 votes in the pocket.

How many precincts are there ? We all know how having educated people in every precinct is of major importance. Certainly when a lot of people may for instance dislike a certain candidate and it's possible to get them to support 'our' side when it comes to selecting delegates to make sure that candidate doesn't get any.

Good news. Awesome news. Lets rock the boat.
    "I am a bird"

Damn..wait..So if each captain can get just 20 people to go caucus, that's 20k votes right there. Plus the 5,000 students or so that have already said they will caucus, we're talking about an 18% total or something for Rand, without even counting any other voters. This is freaking huge!!

I'm interested in making phone calls. Do I sign up here or go to to campaign website?

Hey Squirl22 Thanks for your interest! Okay yes do both! Sign up in the link I gave you, on the volunteer section of the website, and here is an email of the leader of the phone from home program in Iowa: jgreiss@randpaul2016.com

One more link that will be great is the making calls from home Iowa facebook page where we get and give updates!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/MakingCallsForRandPaul/
    Let me know if you need any help! I normally make 50 calls a day. Pretty fun.

Wow this is exciting!
    Last edited by ds21089; 01-08-2016 at 09:25 AM.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewYorker View Post
    Does this mean Rand will win the brokered convention?
    It mean we probably won't need a brokered convention. ;-)
    Sanity Check Radio Show
    http://www.SanityCheckRadioShow.com

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBull View Post
    Damn..wait..So if each captain can get just 20 people to go caucus, that's 20k votes right there.
    That seems entirely doable. Even I could probably find 20 people, even if I had to pay them myself to show up with me to vote.

Damn..wait..So if each captain can get just 20 people to go caucus, that's 20k votes right there. Plus the 5,000 students or so that have already said they will caucus, we're talking about an 18% total or something for Rand, without even counting any other voters. This is freaking huge!!
    Well, I don't have a clue how many people they could motivate to show up. It's averages you have to think about. But it definitely has a multiplier effect. It's hard to imagine how a precinct captain couldn't motivate more than a few people to show up.

In a way it's a good thing that there are so many candidates. With such a good ground-game it should make it easier to get the delegates. As well as diluting everybody's percentages. Lowering the percentage needed to win.
    "I am a bird"

So if each captain could motivate 100 people to show up, that would be 100,000 votes. Not bad!

Let's hope trump doesn't fly in voters by helicopter. He certainly has the money.

Kbs, I heard the campaign is planning on picking up identified voters and bringing them to caucus. Do you have any insight into how this is going to happen? This would improve our chances even further as we wouldn't be relying on people and hoping they show up by themselves. It would certainly help with college kids.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewYorker View Post
    So if each captain could motivate 100 people to show up, that would be 100,000 votes. Not bad!

Let's hope trump doesn't fly in voters by helicopter. He certainly has the money.
    Well according to Wikipedia Iowa has 1681, so that means rand has a captain in about 60% of precincts.
    Lets say 150.000 people show up, big number, lots of new voters. That's about 90 people average. Relatively small crowds.
    This just underscores how important organization is. Most people who go to caucus don't know the rules or won't act on them by themselves. Having people on the ground who know what they're doing or have been briefed about it makes all the difference.

A second point is, I presume that the majority of students will be in some of the bigger precincts as they live in more populated areas (Just assuming some things here, please tell me if I'm wrong). I don't know how bunched up they will be but in general I'd say these bigger precincts are harder to win so if they are overrun with students then that's great.
    "I am a bird"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes we WILL be giving transportation to those wanting to caucus. This is especially feasible on the college campuses. We have dorm captains, College Chapter presidents, etc. on the campuses to door knock, pick up, and bring them to the caucus. Not sure if by bus or not or just car-pooling. I don't have any official information other than Rand Paul himself has said we will be "picking them up and bringing them there". As far as non-college campus, I am sure the veterans for rand groups, and the precinct captains will be of help with this.

This is big news. Send it to Drudge!
    Benton/Collins 2016

Getting every 1000 to bring 20 votes is much harder than on paper. It all depends on their circle of influence.

Any clue how many captains other candidates have?

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    Getting every 1000 to bring 20 votes is much harder than on paper. It all depends on their circle of influence.

We do know that this is, by far, the most announced amount of Captains..Other candidates may not even chose to share this information.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post

I really wish I lived in a caucus state. Even living in Upstate NY, I sure as hell could guarantee bringing 20 Paul supporters with me to a Caucus.

Are you making calls to Iowa man??? You could still generate 20 people to caucus by making calls. If you haven't joined, here is the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1osJ...requested=true

Let me know if you need any help! We made over 10k calls yesterday in Iowa alone!

These captains are volunteers, right? Does anyone know if campaigns are allowed to give out monetary rewards to volunteers? Like if they somehow turned it into a competition to see which captain can bring more voters on caucus night? Of course there would have to be a way to prove that those people showed up and voted. $10,000 for the top captain, $5,000 for second place, and $3,000 for third.

How many precincts are in Iowa?? I still find this HUGE NEWS and something to be excited about!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry, I just found out that Rand has 1,007 precinct captains out of 1,681 precincts. IT'S HUGE AND RAND WILL GET PRECINCT CAPTAINS IN EVERY PRECINCT!!

Just saw a video of tonight where they present Rand another scroll of 1,019 captains, so the number is growing... I like that alot...

Genuinely exciting news, awesome.

Great news and very encouraging. I am going to guess that if no one else releases their number of precinct captains, that they don't have as many? Unless they want to make a surprise shake up at the caucus. *shrugs*

Rand needs to absolutely finish top 3 in the popular vote, though. In my view. If he can finish third in Iowa and second in NH and no one finishes first first in both, we might still pull this off.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Well, I don't have a clue how many people they could motivate to show up. It's averages you have to think about. But it definitely has a multiplier effect. It's hard to imagine how a precinct captain couldn't motivate more than a few people to show up.

In a way it's a good thing that there are so many candidates. With such a good ground-game it should make it easier to get the delegates. As well as diluting everybody's percentages. Lowering the percentage needed to win.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Well yeah that's a good way to make people show up. Not sure though if you want to go to a caucus with a bunch of drunk people though.
    "I am a bird"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast