Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: CFL Spent $350,000 on a pro-war Colorado candidate

Has anyone even confirmed that this organization is the same as the Campaign for Liberty that's related to Ron Paul. It looks to me like it's something else.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    I'm really waiting for clarification on this. Hopefully the number was wrong.
    yeah where are the C4L people on this?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks like C4L will fit right in at the TEAOCON convention.

This is pretty shocking. There is nothing on Buck's website that distinguishes him from any other AIPAC-pwned neocon.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Has anyone even confirmed that this organization is the same as the Campaign for Liberty that's related to Ron Paul. It looks to me like it's something else.
    I think the fact that Gary Howard is speaking for the expenditure is pretty damning.

Every one of us should go put a CFL blog entry up about this very topic.

Is CFL going to cease and desist with this guy?
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

The candidate could be pulling the typical Jingoism and Jargon to get elected and THEN, pull a Bushy/Obozo 180 on campaign promises.

We've seen it before... so who knows what's up with this guy. What's his voting record?

He has one strike for being another Attorney into government politics...

Donations: http://www.newsmeat.com/campaign_con...e_id=S0CO00237

http://www.newsmeat.com/fec/bystate_...&first=Kenneth
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 01-27-2010 at 03:56 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Notice what it says here:
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/thespot/...for-ken-bucks/
    It’s unclear whether the “Campaign for Liberty” praising Buck is the same “Campaign for Liberty” behind Ron Paul’s 2008 presidential bid.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's not. I think people here are jumping to conclusions.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher89 View Post
    As an EX- state coordinator for the C4L, I cannot imagine that this
    ad campaign is what it looks like it is.....

They are always pounding the "no supporting candidates" drum.

Just sayin....we need more info, but if this is true...................
    Maybe the rules changed following the recent Supreme Court decision that overturned parts of McCain-Feingold?

But what about Gary Howard????
    Liberty, of course, has her price in blood, if we do not suppport her when she is in trouble.

Yes, it is confirmed. Friend of mine contacted Mr. Howard and could not get a satisfactory explanation.

This is a $#@! up that may cripple the CFL. Pretty much shows it is a top down org since none of the members are deciding where their money goes.

$350,000 that could have been spent on actual liberty related projects.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    Yes, it is confirmed. Friend of mine contacted Mr. Howard and could not get a satisfactory explanation.

This is a $#@! up that may cripple the CFL. Pretty much shows it is a top down org since none of the members are deciding where their money goes.

I am so glad I stepped down last week....this is just horrible.....
    Liberty, of course, has her price in blood, if we do not suppport her when she is in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I think the fact that Gary Howard is speaking for the expenditure is pretty damning.

Every one of us should go put a CFL blog entry up about this very topic.
    You're right. I wasn't familiar with Gary Howard.

This is just really surprising to me.

Who is the CFL infiltrator(s) that approved this expenditure?

Yeah grassroots did so much better with a f#cking $400,000 blimp

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gary Howard, communications director for the Campaign For Liberty, told TPMDC that the ad is not an endorsement of Buck, but is instead intended to promote their candidate surveys. "It's not a support ad or an endorsement ad, it's just based on our candidate surveys," said Howard. "And we want every candidate to answer our surveys. So as soon as another candidate answers our survey, we'll probably do another ad stating that."
    http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...video.php#more

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/pr...er=Gary_Howard

Gary Howard
    HQ
    Last login: 12/28/09

As a member of the communications team for the Campaign For Liberty. It is my responsibility to widely promote its message and formulate a general public affairs strategy. This entails finding strategic uses of traditional and new media technology to disseminate messages and communicate to the public.
    Interesting that Gary has not been on in almost a month. Has he gone rouge?? Someone from C4L has about 24 hours to reply to this or im canceling my membership.

Also to those saying that its not a endorsement, or a support to this candidate... Its still $350,000 that could have been used on some MUCH better purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    Yeah grassroots did so much better with a f#cking $400,000 blimp
    Apples and oranges.

At least the donators knew where their money was going - on a blimp in support of a legit liberty candidate.

Not a penny more. And Ron Paul has his name on this organization. 2.5 million that was leftover from the presidential campaign was funneled into the CFL.

So much for principles. I wish Ron didn't trust people so much. The sad part is that I seriously doubt Ron had any say at all in this bull$#@!.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

That Open Secrets link points to campaign finance reports for Campaign for Liberty from 2006, but C4L didn't even exist until after Dr. Paul suspended his presidential campaign in 2008. How is that even possible?

This really pisses me off. The next letter iget asking ofr donations, I am going to tell them where to stick it. This is just the exact same B.S. we are fighting against, if this is true it is clear that the CFL is only concerned about keeping the dollars flowing in and growing their organization, just like the problem with most elected candidates. Looks like a classic sell-out to me.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by aclove View Post
    That Open Secrets link points to campaign finance reports for Campaign for Liberty from 2006, but C4L didn't even exist until after Dr. Paul suspended his presidential campaign in 2008. How is that even possible?

The advertisement and Howard's statement show that our C4L was involved, but perhaps they got the $350,000 figure wrong?

Apples and oranges.

At least the donators knew where their money was going - on a blimp in support of a legit liberty candidate.
    Nope its not. Because Trevor used email lists not intended for their purpose (money bomb) and used it for his own ventures. Same kind of $#@!. Collect something (email/money) then use it for something else/unexpected.

It is disgusting that the C4L isn't transparent with its money.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    There seems to be another "Campaign for Liberty" organization based out of Colorado.

The advertisement and Howard's statement show that our C4L was involved, but perhaps they got the $350,000 figure wrong?
    So it might not be OUR C4L?

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Intent View Post
    This really pisses me off. The next letter iget asking ofr donations, I am going to tell them where to stick it. This is just the exact same B.S. we are fighting against, if this is true it is clear that the CFL is only concerned about keeping the dollars flowing in and growing their organization, just like the problem with most elected candidates. Looks like a classic sell-out to me.
    I don't disagree, but what are they selling out for? What could they possibly gain from supporting some no-name neocon that's only at 15% in the polls? Who is this supposed to bring in?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    So it might not be OUR C4L?
    http://www.opensecrets.org/usearch/i...FORID%3A11#890 who knows

Quote Originally Posted by brandonyates View Post
    I don't disagree, but what are they selling out for? What could they possibly gain from supporting some no-name neocon that's only at 15% in the polls? Who is this supposed to bring in?
    To Split the neo-con vote further? lol

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast